Thursday, January 23, 2014

Photo lab vs. Discount Store labs -- There is a difference!

I get asked all the time by my clients, "Where is the best place to have my prints done?".  My response is always "a professional photo lab".  There is a difference!

I work very hard to produce a high quality product, and I cringe every time someone tells me "I'm getting these printed at (insert discount store here)."  It's not because I don't like these stores, but the print quality of the final product is not going to match the quality of the finished file I provided, and that makes me sad. I've heard a lot of complaints of certain stores, including "the prints came out much darker than the file".  Now please understand that some discount stores have different printers than others, even different than their own chain stores.

A photographer that I follow on Facebook found this blog and reposted to her wall. It is by far the best comparison that I have seen, and I wanted to share it with you now.

http://www.amandajacksonphoto.com/2014/01/13/pro-prints-vs-drugstore-prints-it-does-matter/

Not convinced? Check out a few of these other sites by professional photographers who have done similar comparisons.

http://www.featherbluephotography.com/2014/01/08/lets-talk-about-prints/
http://coreyann.com/blog/corey-talks/corey-talks-print-comparisons-consumer
http://www.zemyaphotography.com/2011/09/where-should-i-print-my-photos-bay-area.html


Dazzle Design Graphics uses a professional print lab for prints on photo paper (the same ones used by professional photographers), and the output quality is far superior to any discount printer.  We print by hand (well, by machine!) the invites requested on card stock, and work hard to ensure that the output quality matches the quality of the file we create for you.

We understand that not everyone can afford the time or expense in having your creations printed professionally. We hope that these print comparisons help you in your printing decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment